We shall consider some comparative examples here.
- My school is having experienced teaching staff.
My school is having better teaching staff than yours.
- I love to ride in car. I love to ride in car. I don’t like biking.
- This is my baseball kit. Would you like to play with me? This is my baseball kit. Don’t touch it.
- My father is mayor of this city. I should be the first to follow the rules. My father is mayor of this city. I don’t care for rules.
- I work in a multinational. It’s having excellent working culture. I work in a multinational. Its working culture is best in industry.
Did you notice differences here?
It’s just a matter of expression.
When I say expression, it’s not only verbal; but
body language as well.
Superiority is full of pride. It doesn’t believe in
show off or proving its importance by downgrading
others. They are polite and have respect for others. It
is very mature expression.
Superiority complex is just opposite. It is more of
seen as ego. They think that my superiority can only
be there when others feel inferior. Instead of showing
why am I great, they are trying to prove why you are
nowhere to us. It is very immature expression.
So if you know why you are superior and important,
try to make it more worthy.
Just to make fun of something is superiority